Spectator behaviour is key for the WRC to continue taking place in Mexico. Do your part taking care of your safety and guiding others. Remember that the only allowed areas are behind the green mesh.
In 2020 it is very important to remember that you can’t walk on the stage 45 minutes before the start of the first competition car, otherwise the stage can be canceled.
- Stand only behind the green mesh or in high places more than 2 meters (7 ft) from the road.
- It is forbidden to walk on the road 45 minutes before the stage begins and until the last security car named “Barredora” (sweeper) has left the road. This vehicle distinctive is a checkered black and white flag on the doors. Marshals and safety members will let you know when it is safe to go. Please! Do not cross the road at first sight of the safety cars (S4)!
- Don’t park your car blocking the alternative roads (the ones you used to arrive to spectators areas), those roads are the emergency exits for ambulances and emergency cars.
- Drive with caution when arriving and leaving, always respect speed limits. You’re not a professional driver!
- Follow the instructions of the security staff and organizers, we’re here to help you and make sure everyone in the rally is safe.
- Help us by guiding others if they’re in a dangerous position, remember the only allowed areas are behind the green mesh.
- When you leave, please clean up. Rallying is also about respect for environment.
- Help us have the best rally of the championship
The safety cars are the official cars that travel on the road before the competing cars. They are in charge of the event safety, they can give you instructions to follow if you are in a dangerous place. If you don’t follow these instructions, the stage could be canceled.
When you see the “0” car, it’s time to get your camera ready, the competition is about to start!